Today, I want to share with you the difference between a full session and mini session to help you know what type of photo session is best for your family
My full session can be from 45 minutes to 2+ hours depending on the type of photography session. A regular full session for family, maternity, lifestyle newborn, and cake smash are 45 - 60 minutes. Newborn in studio is usually 2 - 3 hours.
A full session is my favorite because I can get creative. I can try in different angle and get you posed with different background and always end up with so many great shots! Hear more why I like a full session.
- You get to choose the date and location
- You have 45-60 minutes (except newborn session in studio) and usually no session before or after you. No need to rush
- You can walk around to get different nice backgrounds and spend more or less time at your favorite spot
- Your gallery is full of diverse images like posed, candid, close ups and far away images
- You get 20 digital images and option to purchase more
- It costs more, of course
- It's too long for some clients
My mini session is about 15 minutes. I run mini sessions a few times a year like Valentine's Day, Mommy & Me, Headshots, and Fall Minis.
These minis are mainly for my existing clients and subscribers. I want to make sure they get to document these moments with their children and get a headshot done once a year. I do offer any remaining spots to public so those follow me on Instagram and Facebook get a chance to have an experience with me.
- You spend less money. Like getting a piece of cake instead of a whole one. So it's cheaper
- You get to spend time with me only 15 minutes. Perfect for those little ones with short attention spans
- You get 5 digital images and option to purchase more if you want
- You can't be late. Your time is limited. There maybe people before or after your time slot
- You get less diverse images in your gallery
- You cannot add extended family. There is just not enough time